Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Hour

It is not a big secret that I used to frequent happy hour on Friday afternoons. I say Friday afternoons because we would actually arrive before 5pm, and I consider anytime before that "afternoon". It didn't take much digging to find a picture of one of these happy hour adventures...
This is Tanya and I, circa 2005. I have about a hundred photos similar to this one of us out on several different occasions. I'm guessing this was a Friday night when we started out at Antigua for the fabulous 3 for 1 special and then headed to Latitudes for the completely unnecessary 2 for 1 special. I know all of this because we did it every Friday night in 2005, 2006 and parts of 2007. All of this fun would occur before 10pm and we would somehow find our way home before midnight. I'm sure it doesn't surprise anyone when I say that I can't remember this night except for what I have in photos.

I understood when mid-way through 2007 she wanted to start a family and couldn't continue to come out and have fun with me anymore. It was, at first, hard to understand why once the baby had come why we couldn't pick up where we left off. Needless to say, many of my photos since her 30th birthday party (the stories are still circulating from that adventure) are a lot more "family friendly".

I still sometimes miss going out to happy hour on Friday evenings, I can't lie about that. I can also tell you that I do NOT miss waking up on Saturday morning with headaches so bad I wished I was dead... but it was all a part of the fun. I was upstairs this Friday afternoon just getting out of the shower, because I didn't get the chance to get in there before 3pm. When I came downstairs, this is what I found... all three of my boys, napping.

As much as I wish that I could "just be normal" again, this sight will never give me a headache, make me wait uncomfortably in a restroom line, pay a cover charge or have the need clean up the back seat of someone's car. I think it is safe to say, this is a much happier happy hour. And I don't even have to pay extra for VIP status... what a deal!

No comments: