Thursday, July 30, 2009

EAT MOR CHIKIN

Normally, I'm a stickler for organizations to have correct spelling and grammar when it comes to logos. For example, I will never eat at the "Aisan" restaurant that misspelled their name on the menus and I'll also never eat at the "Kissimmee Koffee Kup". Aside from the very, what I find to be, offensive and possibly intentional initals, I have an even greater disdain for companies that intentionally replace a "c" with a "k". It's just stupid and unnecessary. I can, however, forgive spelling and grammar for cleverness. Example... I saw a tow truck today and the company was called "Tows-R-Us", clever. One Sweet Whirled ice cream? Clever! And tasty...

Where is this all going? It's going to Chick-fil-a. My friends to the north may not know of Chick-fil-a unless you have traveled out of New York and happened to see one of their billboards or stop at a restaurant. On one of my first trips to Florida when I decided that I was going to move here, I noticed these highly clever and very funny advertisements. Again, I hate spelling mistakes when it comes to professional organizations and businesses, but Chick-fil-a fits into the category of clever. If you have never seen these billboards, let me share. Keep in mind cows are not human, do not attend school and therefore cannot be expected to have proper spelling.


Chick-fil-a has been a life saver for Jerry and I. This company is just awesome. Since William has been born, we have eaten there a handful of times and we have never had a problem. William actually seems to like going there, even though he most likely has no idea where he is. Even if he does get fussy, it is such a family establishment that we aren't the only baby in the place and we don't feel like we have to have that "emergency exit plan" I've so many times made up in my head.

The Chick-fil-a closest to us is just a dream. Not only do you see managers working the counters, sweeping floors and asking everyone in the store how they are doing, they also came to our table to offer to refill our drinks and had a conversation with us and our child! I really can't say enough about this company and especially our store. It seems to me, in a time where companies are looking for inexpensive ways to cut costs while still managing to impress customers and keep them around, Chick-fil-a has come up with the cheapest and most novel idea... excellent service and manners. News flash... it's free and it works every time. Jerry and I go past at least five other fast food places to get to them, with a 2 month old child. That says a lot.

Just one word of warning if you ever head down here and see a Chick-fil-a... they are not open on Sundays for the sake of their employees' families and it actually makes me like them more. I'm never annoyed that they aren't open on Sundays, sad, but not annoyed. One more thing this company does to promote and preserve what is really important in life.

No comments: