Sunday, September 27, 2009

Been hangin' around...

We've been real busy the past few weekends just hangin' around and getting daddy prepared for his Sunday football routine. Which is, sadly, an all day event that involves him starring between his computer screen to see how his fantasy football team is doing and the seemingly endless football games on television. I have to remind him a few times that the people he is cursing at in the fantasy football league are my family members, besides that our Sundays are BORING.


William and I make the most of this by getting up early and going for our Saturday and Sunday morning "stroll" down to the intracoastal to sit and watch for boats and whatever else may come by our way. I really enjoy this time because (1) I am out of the house (2) you can't beat the temperature and coastal breeze in the morning and (3) William usually sings at some point during our stroll which entertains innocent bystanders along the way. After a few weekends of doing this, I noticed that the same people are always down at the boat ramp. I also noticed that some of these are the same people that are always begging for money on the street corners by the highway. You'd think that would make me nervous, but it strangely does not. We've made friends and William entertains with his wonderful singing from his stroller. The town of Lake Worth has ripped apart the super cool playground to fix the sea wall and our park keeps shrinking every time we go down there. I can't wait for February when they are done with construction and we can enjoy the park again. Until then, we'll continue to entertain the homeless at the boat ramp.

Yesterday I wanted to go one step beyond and go down to the beach for breakfast. There are two restaurants on the beach that are about a mile away and both have an awesome ocean view and an equally awesome breakfast. I invited Jerry to come because I didn't want to be rude and it was a good thing I did... take a look at this face... is this the face of a child who would make a mess of a perfectly good beach breakfast???

It sure is. This little mess maker decided to POOP all over our calm, peaceful, tasty, Saturday breakfast. I can handle a poopy diaper. Jerry can handle a poopy diaper. We can even handle it in public. However, William decided to put our parenting to the test. Mommy, in her infinite wisdom, dressed him up in a cute little surfer dude outfit which did not help to contain the poo problem. When I picked him up to take him to the bathroom, the poo was everywhere. Everywhere. It had somehow come out the top of his shorts, into the car seat, through the car seat, onto the restaurant chair then through the restaurant chair and onto the floor. To top it off, the bathroom was a typical beach bathroom with no changing station and there were people using the beach showers (and I really didn't want to gross anyone out). So I went on a quick search for a logical, unsandy place to clean up. Ug. The funniest part was when the waitress said "Oh, you had a little orange juice spill..." and brought us some napkins. We weren't laughing at the time, but it's pretty funny now. Next time I'll just dunk William into the ocean instead of searching for a patch of grass to change him on.

I have a three-day weekend this weekend due to Yom Kippur, maybe we'll try the beach again tomorrow...

No comments: