Thursday, August 27, 2009

Some 'splanin to do...

Back to work I go! And boy am I tired. There are reasons why maternity leave is so important and why most moms try not to go back to work. Taking care of a baby and working is exhausting! Pumping bottles at work is exhausting. And none the less... I'm up blogging and Jerry is sleeping on the couch as we speak. My body is actually used to getting four hours of sleep a night. It's sad.

Here's a picture of what Jerry and William looked like when I left for school on the first day. There were no tears, no "Mommy, please don't go" and overall it was a very uneventful day at Daddy Day Care. It was a very interesting day for me, as I am continuing to nurse baby Will and if you are a teacher, especially of little ones, you know that on those first few days I BARELY had a minute to get the bottle pumping done. I didn't have a break until 1:20 and, well, I'm lucky I didn't have an embarrassing leak. Things are under control now, I have a routine and I am a pro-pumper. But, it is quickly getting old... Hopefully I can hold out for a few more months. Luckily we will be trying to start on some solid food soon and hopefully that will curb some of the bottles needed.

A few people have asked why there is always a towel under my child. If you look at almost any picture taken, there really is a towel there. I only bib my child if there is a really important outfit or if we are going out in public. I should probably bib him more often, but it's almost a moot point. He always manages to spit up beyond the bib and usually doesn't even get a drop on it. Half of the time the bib turns into a baby super hero cape... it's just not worth my time and laundry detergent. Instead, as a solution that we conjured up on our first day home, we just put a towel under Will whenever we're playing, changing and basically letting him move around on his own. It has cut down on needing to steam clean almost every surface in our house. I apologize if anyone thinks it looks tacky, but I think spit up stains on the couch you sit on when you visit are tackier.

Tune in this weekend... I have a video of William's latest trick! I'm too tired to post it tonight!

No comments: